Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnClar
Level 7

4K HDR @60hz Problem With Roku Ultra & 8.0 FW

Let me add my voice to the list of display bugs in 8.0.

I have a Sony XBR43X800E which is capable of 4K HDR@60hz.  That was what I was successfully running with Roku FW 7.7.  When I upgraded to 8.0, all that will work is 4K HDR@30hz.  If I set the HDMI enhancement to on on my display, the display goes black, and will not let me set 4K HDR@60hz, no matter what I try. All my cables are HDCP2.2 and all was working fine prior to 8.0.  I'm currently forced to run the Roku at 4K HDR@30hz with v8.0 FW.  Hope this gets addressed soon.
Roku Ultra, Roku 4
Internet:1gig/40 Time Warner Spectrum Gigabit (DOCSIS 3.1)
Cbl Modem:Technicolor TC4400
Router:Asus RT-AC5300
0 Kudos
17 Replies
Vapourit
Level 7

Re: 4K HDR @60hz Problem With Roku Ultra & 8.0 FW

I have an hdr issue that started with v8 so welcome to the club!
0 Kudos
mike1597
Level 7

My Sony XBR TV is working fine with HDMI enhancement turned on and with Roku Display type manually set to 4K HDR at 60Hz.  On my Sony TV only HDMI inputs 2 & 3 support 4K 60p.
The only Issue I am having is when the Roku Auto-adjust display refresh rate option is enabled. There is a problem with auto adjusting the content's native format causing a sync issue between the Roku and TV.  This option is disabled by default.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

I'm experiencing a problem similar to Mike1597. My Samsung TV is fine with the Roku set to 4k HDR 60hz. All my inputs support 4k HDR 60hz.
The only problem I have is with the auto refresh option enabled on the Roku. It causes an HDMI handshake sync issue and even a few times made me have to reboot the Roku so I could watch video again. I set it to disable and everything is working fine now.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
sin3166
Level 7

Same issue. Roku ultra with Vizio P65-C1. Only 30hz 4k hdr works after the upgrade to os 8. Worked fine with 7.7. Nothing in my setup changed except the Roku os 8 upgrade.
0 Kudos
Tbaudoin
Level 7

Check the Chroma setting.  try 4:2:2.  Advanced setting -it's deep in the menu, but it's there.  I believe they changed it in 8.x.x
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 9

Virtually the same issue. Can only do 4K HDR 30 now, as with 4K HDR 60, all kinds of instability ensues before signal finally just craps out. I posted this two weeks ago about this issue:

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 15#p576715

Toggling the color subsampling setting between 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 doesn't help at all, btw. It is true that they brought this setting out of what was a secret menu in previous firmware releases to the main menu now, but neither setting works for me. In the previous firmware (7.7.x), I had mine set at 4:2:0 for stability and all was fine.
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 9

@RokuShawn - can you file a bug report on this? 

My affected box:

Roku Premiere+
Serial: YR0007576939

As others have mentioned, I'm reduced to watching 4K HDR 30 vs successful/stable 4K HDR 60 with previous 7.7.x firmware. Of course, that rules out watching Netflix HDR titles, as they are streamed in 4K 60.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

I believe this has already been bugged, but I'll look again today.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Breadman86
Level 7

Same issues. 4K HDR 60hz worked fine before. Now, two thirds of the time I turn my Roku on it just goes to a grey fuzzy screen. When it finally loads again, I switch it back to 4K HDR 30hz or just standard 4K 60hz, and the problems stop... but switching back gets me to weird grey static screen. 

TV is a Vizio 55" P-Series. 
0 Kudos