Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
00damerrick
Level 7

4670X audio digital clipping? After latest update.

Software Version: 4.9.0 Build 4190-46

I have a 4670X connected via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-NR676 then to an LG 55UF6450 TV.

Signal is 4K 60Hz HDCP2.2 SDR

All I really use the Roku for is the Plex app, so I can only speak to my experience with that.

Everything was running fine until a few days ago.  Now, especially on Dolby Atmos playback and stereo Music I get this really annoying dropout in louder/bassier passages.  It sounds exactly like digital audio clipping (which should not be possible).  

It's speaker independent and comes from all channels.

To confirm it's the roku and not my Onkyo, I have played back the same media on from my PC and it plays Atmos and stereo audio flawlessly from the same media files.

Have tried restarting and have tried playing with the audio settings, swapping cables, etc with no results.  Like I said, I've had it for about a month and it worked flawlessly for the first month of ownership.

I've been reading that a new update dropped and people are having issues, could that be the culprit?

0 Kudos