Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twillis
Level 7

4670X Ultra, when I connect power ROKU bounce screen starts but system does not load. I

Jump to solution

4670X Ultra, when I connect power ROKU bounce screen starts but system does not load. I have several Rokus and have never experienced this problem. Reconnected several times to no avail.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Re: 4670X Ultra, when I connect power ROKU bounce screen starts but system does not load. I

Jump to solution

@twillis  Thanks for the note! There are a couple things you can try here. 

1. Try replacing the HDMI cable in use, or connect your device to a different HDMI port. 

2. If you have a micro-SD card inserted into your device, try removing this and then restarting your device again. 

3. If restarting the device isn't helping clear things up, the next step we would need to recommend would be to try performing a factory reset. See more about this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Let us know how it goes! 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

twillis
Level 7

Re: 4670X Ultra, when I connect power ROKU bounce screen starts but system does not load. I

Jump to solution

I have several Rokus so I took the new one with the problem to another TV and it loaded perfectly. Took my 2018 Ultra which was working fine to use on the TV with the original issue. It would not work either so I knew Roku was not the issue. Solution was simple and easy. I had substituted another HDMI cable which I had not used in a while. This HDMI cable would carry the Roku bounce but would not load. When I used the original HDMI cable, it worked fine...Thank You for the suggestions and prompt reply!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuTannerD
Level 19

Jump to solution

@twillis  Thanks for the note! There are a couple things you can try here. 

1. Try replacing the HDMI cable in use, or connect your device to a different HDMI port. 

2. If you have a micro-SD card inserted into your device, try removing this and then restarting your device again. 

3. If restarting the device isn't helping clear things up, the next step we would need to recommend would be to try performing a factory reset. See more about this here: https://support.roku.com/article/208757008-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-roku-streaming-device-

Let us know how it goes! 

Cheers,

Tanner

twillis
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have several Rokus so I took the new one with the problem to another TV and it loaded perfectly. Took my 2018 Ultra which was working fine to use on the TV with the original issue. It would not work either so I knew Roku was not the issue. Solution was simple and easy. I had substituted another HDMI cable which I had not used in a while. This HDMI cable would carry the Roku bounce but would not load. When I used the original HDMI cable, it worked fine...Thank You for the suggestions and prompt reply!

0 Kudos