Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

3800X Streaming Stick Not Working with Hulu or Roku Apps

This problem appears to be with my Roku device. When I try to log into the Hulu app, I get an error message stating that, "something went wrong." I know I have the correct password as I am able to log into Hulu on other devices. Another thing that makes me believe the issue is with the Roku device is the fact that I also cannot stream anything through the SlingTV app. I am able to log into Sling, but when I try and play anything on the app, the Roku device restarts. Also it takes a long time to launch the app. I have tried rebooting, resetting and reinstalling all apps with no success. I also have 2 other Roku devices that are having the same issue as well.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I feel like my Roku has let me down right when I really needed it.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: 3800X Streaming Stick Not Working with Hulu or Roku Apps

When you reinstalled the channels, did you restart the Roku between removing the channels and reinstalling them?  This clears the Roku's memory and makes sure you get a complete reinstall.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos