Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

3600X 9.2.0 build 4701-24 - FLAC support broken?

I have a 3600X running software ver 9.2.0 build 4701-24 and the Media Player will not recognize any FLAC files that it used to have no problem seeing/playing.  Now all I see in every folder is "No compatible audio found in ...".  I've ruled out searching wrong folders / incompatible media / media type issues.

The puzzling thing is I can take my 3500X stick running software ver 9.1.0 build 4111-09 and the Media Player on that will find and play all the FLACs just fine.

The issue follows the 3600X to whichever display I plug it into.  Same SMB share, same folders, same wifi/LAN, etc keeping everything the same -- the 3600X never finds and plays FLACs, and the 3500X has no problems anywhere.  I can find and play MP3 audio on the 3600X as well as MKV/MP4 video all coming from the same SMB share and network fwiw.

Never had to troubleshoot a Roku so apologies if I've missed something obvious.  Did a factory reset and there was no change.

Anyone else seeing this? 

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: 3600X 9.2.0 build 4701-24 - FLAC support broken?

Yes, my FLACs stopped working within the past few weeks using the Roku Media app.  I am also interested in following this post for resolution answers.  I have a Roku stick 3600X, software version 9.2.0:4701.

Highlighted
Level 8

Sadly my 3500X has now updated to 9.2.0 build 4701-09 and no longer finds the FLACs that it could find and play when I wrote the original post.

Roku folks -- please stop me from buying Nvidia Shields and junking my Rokus by fixing this.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hooliganTM @HyattsWatcher  Thanks for the notes here. I've passed these reports along to the team to take a closer look. If they need any further information, we'll reach out directly. In the meantime, I might recommend trying to use Plex or Emby to see if the same issue occurs. 

Please keep us posted. I'll provide any further updates that I hear. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
Highlighted
Level 8

Thank you @RokuTannerD for giving this a closer look. I don't have (or desire to run) a separate media server like Plex or Emby for audio playback.  I have always liked that my Rokus only needed a DLNA server.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@RokuTannerDThanks for passing this on.  Plex does work with the files, but Iike @hooliganTM I like the native player better.  It is important to note to the team that is it doesn't look like an error; in the help information it doesn't list FLACs as one of the accepted media types, whereas they played previously.  I don't know what the help information said before.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having a similar issue.  All of a sudden,  my Roku Media Player will not recognize any media files from my WDTV Live Hub and attached drives.  It was doing so before.  I'm not sure about a change.  I did get a new wifi router from Xfinity, but not sure if that timing coincides.  The Roku will see the WDTV Live Hub, but won't see any "compatible files" on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Oh...also... I have a Roku Express+ and a Premiere+.  Neither one will recognize the files now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes here. The team has investigated this issue since it was reported, and the issue will be addressed in a future release. In the meantime, we'd recommend trying to use the Plex channel to play these files types to see if you have more success. I will be sure to provide any further updates as I hear them.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos