Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wintergarden
Level 7

Re: 24p not working on Netflix

Jump to solution
"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Thanks for reaching out here. Have you contacted the channel provider's support team yet to report the issue you are seeing, and inquire further? 

Thanks,
Tanner

I was hoping that I gave you enough information to pursue this with your technical department. I have reached out to Netflix chat help, but I doubt that it's useful. Netflix being Roku's most used channel, I was hoping that Roku and Netflix had an open relationship to fix issues like these when they crop up...
0 Kudos
Spock151
Level 7

Jump to solution
"wintergarden" wrote:

I was hoping that I gave you enough information to pursue this with your technical department. I have reached out to Netflix chat help, but I doubt that it's useful. Netflix being Roku's most used channel, I was hoping that Roku and Netflix had an open relationship to fix issues like these when they crop up...

My sentiments exactly... This bug is super simple. Turn dynamic refresh rate on and test 9.0 and 9.1, compare with a TV that reports received refresh rate. Someone in Roku’s test lab has to have Ultras to try this on. Netflix support was useless.

How do we revert back to 9.0? There is nothing in 9.1 that I care about.
0 Kudos
AndyCalling
Level 7

Jump to solution
Just reporting that this is also a problem, with Netflix alone, on my UK Streaming Stick+ which has recently got the 9.1 firmware. Worked fine with 9.0, and works on other channels. Hope it gets sorted soon.
0 Kudos
wswenlock
Level 8

Jump to solution
Same here with Netflix on my UK Streaming Stick+. Very annoying. Is it possible to revert to the previous firmware version until the problem is fixed?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Hi there! 

Thanks for the notes here. I followed up with our team, and it looks like this is the current intended behavior as of OS 9.1. The 'Auto-adjust display refresh rate' feature no longer applies to the Netflix channel at this time. 

I apologize for any confusion here. I'll continue to provide any further updates here if there is any additional news to share. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
rockou
Level 8

Jump to solution
Smiley LOL Seriously?
When do they plan on making it compatible or do they even plan on it at all?
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
wswenlock
Level 8

Jump to solution
Thanks Tanner, but this makes no sense. The Roku default is to deliver content at 60fps and you have to delve into the advanced settings to auto-adjust the display refresh rate. It seems obvious that only a minority of users who care about viewing content at its original refresh rate are going to do this. So we should be left with that option. I agree that it can be annoying, especially since Netflix introduced auto-running previews, but I'm prepared to live with that. I want to see content as it was originally mastered - and I still can with BBC, YouTube and Amazon Prime. 
Sadly, I'm already looking for a Roku replacement.
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 8

Jump to solution
Hopefully they are working on a Netflix interface for Roku more tailored to the auto refresh where it doesn't switch refresh rates in the main menu. Would be nice if it just stayed at 60fps in the menu while selecting a movie then when you go to watch something it will then show at it's native refresh rate.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
wswenlock
Level 8

Jump to solution
Agreed Rockou Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
wintergarden
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Hi there! 

Thanks for the notes here. I followed up with our team, and it looks like this is the current intended behavior as of OS 9.1. The 'Auto-adjust display refresh rate' feature no longer applies to the Netflix channel at this time. 

I apologize for any confusion here. I'll continue to provide any further updates here if there is any additional news to share. 

Thanks,
Tanner

This is very disappointing. Netflix is the Roku channel with the largest and widest catalog of content and your team has hobbled it. This is all the more striking since Roku didn't do this to any other channel that I know of.

I realize that this is related to auto-previews triggering a switch to 24p and that Netflix needs to do something to control that behavior if we don't want to see it. However, many of us are willing to live with it for the benefit of 24p content playing at 24p. How about a separate setting in the advanced display setting right under the matching frame rate that allows the unit to apply 24p to Netflix also, with the downside of auto-previews understood? It's already an advanced feature; almost everyone choosing both matching frame rate and allowing it for Netflix would know exactly what they were signing up for. Please, more control to the users
0 Kudos