Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wintergarden
Level 7

24p not working on Netflix

Content that is clearly 24p isn't switching to 24p on Netflix as of a couple of days ago. Was working fine until just then. I have a Roku 4.

Other channels haven't been affected. Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBOgo, etc. are switching to 24p for relevant content.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Netflix app with no change. Of course, the advanced adaptive display setting is turned on and I've rebooted my Roku 4 a few times.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
34 Replies
theuser86
Level 7

Re: 24p not working on Netflix

Factory reset your Roku. Try again
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

I've got an Ultra but yes, this is happening to me as well after the latest update

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 82#p646282
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
wintergarden
Level 7

"rockou" wrote:
I've got an Ultra but yes, this is happening to me as well after the latest update

Thanks for replying and confirming my issue. Actually, I still have the 9.0 firmware on Roku 4. They haven't pushed 9.1 on me yet. So, I believe this issue stems from a change specific to the Netflix app as the other apps don't experience this. Having said that, have you taken the more drastic step of factory resetting your unit?

Edit: Actually, never mind. My device does have 9.1. I was trying to update manually for a while and it wasn't picking up the 9.1 update when I did so. It must have happened automatically over the last few days when I wasn't trying to prompt it. So, yes, it seems probable that this issue is 9.1 related
0 Kudos
rockou
Level 7

No I haven't tried to reset it and don't want to, what a hassle.
I was hoping more people would respond complaining of the issue so that it would be worked on quicker.
4K HDR TV: Samsung UN60KS8000
4K HDR Receiver: Yamaha RX-V381
4K HDR blu ray: Samsung UBD-K8500
4K HDR streamer: Roku Ultra (2016 model)
4K HDR Gaming: Xbox One X
4K HDR DVR: Directv Genie HS17-500 w/ C61K mini client
Cables: Amazon Basics 18Gbps HDMI
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the notes here. If you haven't already, go ahead and try removing the Netflix channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device from Settings>System>system restart. Once it restarts, go ahead and add the channel back once more and test to see if the issue is still occurring. If so, please feel free to send me a PM with the following information: 

1. Your Roku account email address
2. Your Roku device ESN from Settings>System>About 
3. The software version/build your device is currently running 
4. The version/build of the Netflix channel installed on your device (Navigate to the Netflix channel tile on the Roku home screen and press the * key to see this information.) 
5. A specific content example that has previously played in 24p that, now, does not. 
6. Your TV make/model 
7. Your audio/video receiver make/model, if any. 
8. An issue report tracker ID when the issue occurs: (To get one, on your remote press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times.)

I'll help take a closer look and share the feedback over with the team and channel provider. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
wintergarden
Level 7

"RokuTannerD" wrote:
Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the notes here. If you haven't already, go ahead and try removing the Netflix channel from the Roku home screen, then restart your device from Settings>System>system restart. Once it restarts, go ahead and add the channel back once more and test to see if the issue is still occurring. If so, please feel free to send me a PM with the following information: 

1. Your Roku account email address
2. Your Roku device ESN from Settings>System>About 
3. The software version/build your device is currently running 
4. The version/build of the Netflix channel installed on your device (Navigate to the Netflix channel tile on the Roku home screen and press the * key to see this information.) 
5. A specific content example that has previously played in 24p that, now, does not. 
6. Your TV make/model 
7. Your audio/video receiver make/model, if any. 
8. An issue report tracker ID when the issue occurs: (To get one, on your remote press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times.)

I'll help take a closer look and share the feedback over with the team and channel provider. 

Thanks! 
Tanner

I've uninstalled Netflix, rebooted, reinstalled it, rebooted again just to be sure. The problem with 24p still persists. I'll PM you those details later
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming @wintergarden. I'll keep an eye out for your PM. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Spock151
Level 7

What’s the status on this? I’ve got the same problem in a Roku Ultra updated to 9.1. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reaching out here. Have you contacted the channel provider's support team yet to report the issue you are seeing, and inquire further? 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos