Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

2020 roku ultra 4800r video issue

After pressing pause, the app will sometimes get stuck playing back at super slow speed with no audio.  When this happens, the roku does playback for all apps in super slow motion until I reboot it.  I thought it was a bad unit, but with all the posts online about problems, I'm suspecting that the software is hosed on these.  Anyone know if I should return this, or wait for software update?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: 2020 roku ultra 4800r video issue

Our Roku Ultra 2020 just bricked. We used it a few hours 2 nights ago. A couple hours last night. And just over 1 hour today.

We started something on Apple TV (first time using it in 4K). It flickered a couple times to a black screen and boom. Input on TV said no signal found. Attempted reboot with remote commands. Nothing. Unplugged it and kept it unplugged for a time. Plugged back in. Nothing. Connected the HDMI to our older Roku 3. Worked so it isn't an HDMI issue or TV input issue.

When I plug the power cord back in, the TV acknowledges the HDMI port has a signal and asks to switch inputs.  When I turn that input on it no longer has a signal. Also when plugging it back in the light in the front of the unit is on.

Will be returning to the store for a replacement tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: 2020 roku ultra 4800r video issue

I also have had issues of no audio after pausing the video, I have also had constant audio dropouts on You Tube. 

0 Kudos