Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewsjr
Level 7

2020 Ultra keeps losing Netflix Ultra HD4K listings

So I have my new 2020 Roku Ultra connected to my Marantz 7703 pre/pro which is connected to my LG 77C8. When I open my Netlfix channel the line featuring the Ultra 4K HD offerings is gone. I have to go to Netflix help and re-install the channel which restores the 4K offerings. But later they disappear again and I have to repeat the re-installation. My previous generation Ultra is connected directly to a Sony 4K display and never has this problem. Both are using the exact set up settings. Both are on the current firmware and I am having no problems with video/audio otherwise on the 2020 device. Not sure what is going on and hoping someone else might be able to help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 2020 Ultra keeps losing Netflix Ultra HD4K listings

@ewsjr 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with screenshots of the issue you are experiencing? In addition, have you tried connecting the Roku device to your TV without connecting your AVR to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ewsjr
Level 7

Thanks for the reply. I disconnected the power cord from the Ultra last night for five minutes or so and seeing your response went down to check and the line of Ultra HD4K offerings is still showing for the first time after shutting it down since I connected it. Atmos and Dolby Vision working perfectly. I will continue to check and see what happens. Pic of the channel offerings. Don't know how to post image. Tried the camera icon but can't figure it out. Link to shot on Imgur. 

0 Kudos
ewsjr
Level 7

So tried again this morning and as you can see from screenshots the Ultra HD 4K channels were again missing. Reloaded Netflix and they are back. Have connected the Ultra directly to my LG 77C8 and the offerings have been there for the last six hours. I've included screenshots of info from Netflix and the Ultra when I tested this morning while Ultra was still connected to Marantz 7703 pre/pro. It is not a receiver.

https://imgur.com/a/fX2waL7

0 Kudos
ewsjr
Level 7

Click on link then scroll up to view 4 images.

0 Kudos
ewsjr
Level 7

So connecting my new Ultra directly to my display doesn’t solve the problem. In fact not only do I not see the Netflix 4K offering line it won't come back after re-loading Netflix or re-booting the Ultra. And now those listings have disappeared on 4640X Ultra in my bedroom for the first time and they won't reappear after reloading Netflix. My streaming setting for Netflix is set to high and my download speed is 120 Mbps. Not sure what to do now.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

@ewsjr wrote:

So connecting my new Ultra directly to my display doesn’t solve the problem. In fact not only do I not see the Netflix 4K offering line it won't come back after re-loading Netflix or re-booting the Ultra. And now those listings have disappeared on 4640X Ultra in my bedroom for the first time and they won't reappear after reloading Netflix. My streaming setting for Netflix is set to high and my download speed is 120 Mbps. Not sure what to do now.

The fact that you have lost/keep losing 4K tagging/playback on 2 different 4K/HDR models (4640 and 4800) on two different TVs heavily suggests a provisioning issue with your NetFlix account.

You mentioned that you have it set to "high" for NF data usage - have you tried the Auto setting?

And/or, since its a per-profile NF setting, have you tried creating & using a different profile?

If that doesn't address it, you should contact NetFlix directly.

0 Kudos
ewsjr
Level 7

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what you mean by provisioning issue. I just got my power back after a day and a half being on and when I opened Netflix on the 4640X Ultra the 4k channel line was there but when I checked the new Ultra it wasn't but it appeared when I reloaded the channel again. Have talked with Netflix twice and they try but don't understand what I am talking about. They sent me a link to check the data usage and my account is (as it has been since I signed up for the premium) set on High. Didn't see an auto setting. They then sent me a link about how to set up an Amazon fire stick to be able to watch 4K movies/tv so I don't think they get the gist of this problem. I had never had this problem with the 4640X until last Sunday morning so if you have any suggestions please feel free to let me know how to proceed. thanks so much for the help.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Netflix.com/account/profile & parental controls/playback settings/change/data usage per screen=auto

0 Kudos
ewsjr
Level 7

Thanks for the info. Have changed it and we shall see what's up.

0 Kudos