Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

2020- HDMI to Component converters supported ?

Hello,

I have an older High Definition TV (green, red, Blue) component setup. I bought a Roku premier and a HDMI to component converter. No luck yet on getting a signal and I wanted to make sure the Roku supported this type of setup.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Level 19

Re: 2020- HDMI to Component converters supported ?

First, please forgive the basic question, but just to be sure.. you do have the TV set to display the component input to which you have the Roku connected, right?

When linked by an HDMI digital connection, the device the Roku is connected to must support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) protocols.  HDCP is something the entertainment industry had added to the HDMI specs to prevent making perfect digital copies of their content. 

The HDMI/Component adapter converts the signal from digital to analog which has no HDCP, but unless the adapter reports back to the Roku that it honors HDCP, I'm guessing the Roku will not send anything that has been coded to require copy protection.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos