Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimerick
Level 8

2 issues since update hulu commercials stuck AND not enough power for usb

I have checked in the community and with hulu.  First issue since update on 6/5.  Hule gets stuck on commercial.  I have audio of show but a picture of whatever product there showing.  And no its not the same ad. (Hulu keeps asking me that).  Did all the troublshooting.  Believe me.  Im am an IT TECH.  I am the one you call when your device or computer will not work.  Its a fruit company (nda thats all i can say).  So i get try steps a b and c even if you already tried.  Try again.  Nothing works.  Hulu gives a ticket.  But no explanation what that process is.  I just want to know if it will be fixed.  Or it just is what it is.  By the way i pay for no commercials and live tv.  Only can watch the news.  I see lots of people with known issue.  However, i am also getting a message saying not enough power source connect to another usb port.  This is on a new hdtv that i just took out of the box after work today.  6 month old express.  I was hoping not to have the playback issue with hulu.  Now i have this one too. Did ALL recommend troubleshooting.  Plug roku back into my 35 yr old bubble tv.  Oh yeah, love that thing.  But its seen better days.  Had roku for 2 years never had issues.  But looking through the community.  Power issue is known for about 4 months not resolved.  Hulu issues for over a month.  Like i said just need to know is roku on it way out.  Do i need to invest elsewhere.  Hulu is a joke when you talk with them.  The last thing i want do to do is troubleshooting after 10 plus hrs of doing just that.  Im really hoping a the right update shpuld fix both issues.  No point buying another devise.  Keeps happening to others old device or new.  Roku express model 3930x.  X00400wTSLG

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Rurode
Level 7

Re: 2 issues since update hulu commercials stuck AND not enough power for usb

I am having the same Hulu problem with the screen getting stuck on an ad.  There will be audio from the TV show or movie, but the screen is frozen on the last image of the ad.  It also started around 6/5, although I don't know the exact day.  None of my other streaming services have this problem, so I doubt it is the Roku. Also, I recently (last December) bought a new Roku so upgrading the device won't help Hulu.  If this problem doesn't resolve itself in the next few weeks, I am canceling Hulu.

0 Kudos
Megawes79
Level 7

It is Roku. Samsung smart tv works fine with Hulu however my other tv uses Roku Express and freezes at the end of commercials. 

0 Kudos
tahoeg
Level 7

Same issue.  

0 Kudos