Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Roku with multiples TVs as display

Hi -

I'm cutting the satellite cord and planning on using the DirecTV app on Roku.  I currently have 2 mini genies displaying on 5 TVs with a splitter sending 1 box to 4 and another box to 1.  These are all on our outdoor patio.

I'm trying to understand whether 1 roku can be used on all 5 TVs or if I need one Roku for each of them.  The TVs are non-smart Samsung flat screens.  The power and splitter is in a crawl space so it isn't easy to just pop them in the back.

TIA!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jh1
Level 7

Re: 1 Roku with multiples TVs as display

I have a thread I just started below, hdcp error with splitter.

Up until recently, apparently last roku software update, I was doing this. Using 1 roku stick, through a powered splitter, to feed 2 tvs in adjoining rooms. It all worked great until recently.

You do realize, that even if/when it works again, that all tvs will have the same channel/show playing.  
0 Kudos

"Jh1" wrote:
I have a thread I just started below, hdcp error with splitter.

Up until recently, apparently last roku software update, I was doing this. Using 1 roku stick, through a powered splitter, to feed 2 tvs in adjoining rooms. It all worked great until recently.

You do realize, that even if/when it works again, that all tvs will have the same channel/show playing.  

Yes, I realize that.  This is on our patio so having all TVs show the same thing is fine.  I'm trying to understand if it will actually work or not.  So is the HDCP a problem with the type of splitter you have, a Roku policy or something else?
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

I think anything is possible with the right spliter. Stores use splitters to have the same display on their TV's, so I'm sure it's possible, but not easy.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos