Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kchung

wireless connection strong, password correct still not connecting

My wireless connection is strong. My password is correct. I am still getting error message 014.50 - unable to connect to wireless network. Please help.

9 REPLIES 9
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: wireless connection strong, password correct still not connecting

I've run into this here several times.  This has always worked for me:

• Restart your router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting).
  • Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart (for a Roku TV it's Settings > System > Power > System restart)
  • Find and connect to your network via Settings> Network > Set up connection

If that doesn't fix it, try disconnecting the power to your Roku for a few seconds.  When it comes back up, see if you then can set up the network connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
moorev

Thank you for your advice, I've done all of the above at least 5 times - it just seems strange that my device failed when I was looking at new Roku device on the Roku website to possibly purchase.

When I decided to make the new purchase but then later canceled that purchase, less than an hour later my device will no longer work.  Very strange.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @moorev

Thanks for the post. 

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tjones2

I am experiencing the same issue. On a Roku that I purchased less than a month ago to replace a Roku that had for a little over a year that had the same issue. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting and still can’t get it to work. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Tjones2

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

If you are getting an error code or message, refer to this link for common Roku error codes and their recommended actions: How to connect your Roku device to the internet using Wi-Fi or Ethernet

Furthermore, if the affected device is either a Roku Express or Roku Premiere, please note that they are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to. You can check your device model by navigating to Settings > System > About.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tang

Thank you!!! 

I have company coming for the weekend and I really wanted them to have access to movies etc. Your help will make their visit more enjoyable. 

0 Kudos

I don’t understand why my password changed it doesn’t make sense help it on because it beep when someone was in my apartment help

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Kingday1211

I hope you're doing well.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Neefzz66

I'm finding this issue even on my smart TV. From research I've deduced the problem. Xfinity wifi doesn't have the padlock icon that prompts the username & password request as the next step. I think the only way I've read about fixing this is to manu as lly input the networks SSID which I'm not sure a xfinitywifi has an available SSID unless it's actually your modern your connecting to, which it is not where I'm failing this task. Hope those helps them figure out how to help us

0 Kudos