Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

wifi is intermittent

I have a Roku 3 purchased a few years ago and which hasn't been in service for at least 4yrs.. until now.  It recognises my network name and connects most of the time when I connect to Britbox. When a subject programme on Britbox is selected, I am sometimes informed there's no wifi connection. Sometimes, the programme will start for a minute or two then stops due to 'no connection' to wifi.  I have a powerful modem (Motorola) which is located in another room.  The TV, phone and internet bundle is working fine on the same network and wifi system and has done so for the past 4yrs when it was set up. So the question is: why won't my Roku 3 work properly from the same source. Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: wifi is intermittent

Is Britbox the only channel you are having this problem with?

If a problem is confined to only specific channels it may be that the channel installation has become corrupted and ought to be reinstalled.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Note that a reinstalled station gets added to the bottom of the channel grid on the Roku home page.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos