Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

wifi 6 compatibility issues?

Jump to solution

I purchased a Roku Premiere (3920R) and have been unable to set it up due to WiFi authentication issues (error 14.40 and 14.30).  I also have a WiFi 6 router (TP-Link AX1500).  I have followed all the troubleshooting steps multiple times.

I rebooted the roku and the router, the router is broadcasting 2.4GHz, the SSID and password are correct, the signal level is excellent.  Other devices have no trouble connecting to the 2.4GHz WiFi.

I was able to successfully connect to my phone's WiFi hot spot and update to the latest firmware (version 919.40E04190A).  Before the update I received error 14.40 when attempting to connect, after the update I received error 14.30.

The only thing I can come up with is possibly a compatibility issue with WiFi 6.  My network was configured WPA2/WPA3, I reconfigured to to use WPA/WPA2 but it didn't help.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Level 7

Re: wifi 6 compatibility issues? [SOLVED]

Jump to solution

I figured it out.  I case some one else runs in to this issue, the problem was the 2.4GHz band was in mixed g/n mode.  When I changed it to n only, the Roku was able to authenticate on the network.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 7

Re: wifi 6 compatibility issues? [SOLVED]

Jump to solution

I figured it out.  I case some one else runs in to this issue, the problem was the 2.4GHz band was in mixed g/n mode.  When I changed it to n only, the Roku was able to authenticate on the network.

View solution in original post