Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pnova
Level 8

upgraded modem, Roku works fine but won't connect to Xfinity Streaming Beta

Jump to solution

I watch my cable off of Roku.  I selected Xfinity Streaming Beta, it comes back with a message that I have to be on my home wifi, or use a device.  I am on my HOME TV, connected to my HOME Xfinity Wifi.  It allows me to go through authorization, and then comes back with that error message.  It started after I upgraded my modem today.  Both Roku TV having issues with just this application.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pnova
Level 8

Re: upgraded modem, Roku works fine but won't connect to Xfinity Streaming Beta

Jump to solution

YAY! I was able to fix it.  Before I just confirmed my wireless was connected.  This time I reapplied my wireless and Now Xfinity Beta is recognizing my connection!! Wooohoo!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

You need to contact Xfinity.  It really has nothing to do with Roku.

0 Kudos
pnova
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am not sure what Comcast would be able to do. I can connect to Wi-Fi. And my Roku works. Just the Xfinity stream beta does not recognize that I am on Wi-Fi.

0 Kudos
pnova
Level 8

Jump to solution

YAY! I was able to fix it.  Before I just confirmed my wireless was connected.  This time I reapplied my wireless and Now Xfinity Beta is recognizing my connection!! Wooohoo!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
LK131
Level 7

Jump to solution

How did you reapply your wireless?  I'm having the same problem with my Roku Stick.

0 Kudos
mnhock18
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue! I have 2 Roku streaming sticks in my house. 1 connects to the xfinity app no problem. The other says I am not connected to my in-home wifi. Even when I 'sign-out' and sign back in, the Xfinity Beta app gives me the same error

On a different note, my second Roku stick also gives me problems with the specific channel/app (ex: HGTV GO app). Whenever I try to open the app, it says i'm not connected. Then I'll sign-out of the app, then sign back in (through my cable provider, xfinity) and then it works for that viewing session. Once I try to watch again the next day, I have to log out, then sign back in for it to begin working again. This is INCREDIBLY FURSTRATING and makes me want to return the Roku stick, because I refuse to do this every day. 

In case it matters, I'm using a nighthawk modem with the Google Nest router. Shouldn't matter considering the Primary Roku Stick works just fine

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Are you using the TV's USB port for power such that when the TV is turned off the stick loses power?  Some TV's leave the USB port powered at all times and others shut down the USB port when they're turned off.  Try using the supplied power adapter.

Have you tried simply going through the network setup again instead of signing out and back in?

0 Kudos