Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newplug12
Level 7

streaming stick+ disconnects from internet

sometimes roku streaming stick+, that i purchased less than a month ago, drops the internet and shuts down the tv. Usually, if i keep restarting the tv  the internet will hold for good. Very exasperating! Apparently Roku has abandoned any service obligations and depends totally on community.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: streaming stick+ disconnects from internet

@newplug12 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about this issue? Roku devices do not posses the power to control or restart your TV. Can you please specify and clarify what you are seeing?

In addition, we would recommend that you check out some wireless troubleshooting tips on our Support page here: Tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku® streaming device

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmrust
Level 7

I am having the same issue with my 2 week old streaming stick +. The network connection drops multiple times per day and requires a restart. Sometimes even after restarting it will still say “not connected”. It is not the Wi-Fi in the house. Download and upload speeds are fast and stable. No other devices lose connection. 

0 Kudos
richm
Level 7

I am having the same problem with a ROKU Express.  Loses connection and have to restart at least once per day.

I have a Roku Streaming Stick which is located further from my wifi signal and it works great.

I wondering if a Roku Streaming Stick is stronger??

0 Kudos