Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newmans84
Level 7

roku won't disconnect from old internet provider

I have moved and had to switch from Xfinity to Verizon. However, the Roku thinks I still have Xfinity and tells me I do not have access to channels when I try to view shows. It does not give me an option to log out and log back in. I have removed and re-added the channel and have restarted the Roku and it is not working. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Strega
Level 12

Re: roku won't disconnect from old internet provider

New router perhaps?  And with the new router, perhaps a new SSID and passphrase? If so, have you gone to Settings -> Network -> Set up connection?

More info:

https://support.roku.com/article/115015760328

0 Kudos
Newmans84
Level 7

This did not work. It is connected to my new wifi network (Verizon) but still takes me to an Xfinity page when I try to access the Bravo channel then says “this network is not included in your current television subscription” and tells me to contact xfinity. HELP!!!!!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

@Newmans84 wrote:

I have removed and re-added the channel and have restarted the Roku and it is not working. 

Did your remove, then restart, then re-add the channel?  Simply removing and immediately re-adding doesn't accomplish anything.

0 Kudos