Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John249
Level 7

roku will not connect to wifi

Jump to solution

Both of my roku's lost wifi connection at the same time and could not reconnect.  I bought two new roku's one is hooked up ethernet and is connected.  But the other new roku will not connect to wifi still.  Every other device in my house is connected just fine to my router.  the speed is good.  I have reset everything numerous times and put the wifi password in maybe 20 times.  Also if I create a hotspot on my phone the roku WILL connect to the phone.  But for some reason will not connect to my xfinity router/modem.  I have exhausted every Idea I can think of. I'm clueless at this point. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: roku will not connect to wifi

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model #s and firmware versions: Settings/System/About

You need to manually configure the channels as described, and also set the 2.4Ghz mode for "B/G/N"  (other XFinity users recently stated this was required now to connect their Rokus).

Additional resources you might find helpful:

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

Make sure that 2.4Ghz SSID isnt disabled in your Xfinity modem/router/gateway and is configured for channels 1, 6, or 11 with 20Mhz width.

Also make sure that 5Ghz SSID is configured for channels 36-48 and 149-165 (36 and 149 preferred) - do NOT allow it to use DFS channels between 52-140.

0 Kudos
John249
Level 7

Jump to solution

The 2.4 ghz and the 5 ghz are both set for auto channel select.  the 2.4 is set for 20 mhz width and the 5 ghz is set for 80 mhz width.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model #s and firmware versions: Settings/System/About

You need to manually configure the channels as described, and also set the 2.4Ghz mode for "B/G/N"  (other XFinity users recently stated this was required now to connect their Rokus).

Additional resources you might find helpful:

John249
Level 7

Jump to solution

The model # for the roku that i need on wifi is 3930rw express.  I will attempt the changes with the 2.4ghz.

0 Kudos
John249
Level 7

Jump to solution

switching the 2.4ghz to b/g/n worked.  thank you very much for the help.  I would have never figured that one out.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You're welcome - its a solution (that I didnt come up with) that emerged for Xfinity users who's service/equipment underwent maintenance in the last 24 hours.

0 Kudos
Moongirl630
Level 8

Jump to solution

My Roku Express 3900RW will not connect to my wireless internet either. I even went out and bought a new Roku Express 3930RW and it won't connect to the WiFi either no matter how many times I restart the modem and reboot the Rokus. All my other WiFi devices are just fine. This just started today.

0 Kudos
Moongirl630
Level 8

Jump to solution

My Roku Express 3900RW won't connect to my wireless internet. I have made sure my router is set to 2.4 GHz, and it is set to 20 MHz width as suggested. I have no wifi issues with other devices, and the signal strength is strong.

I even went out and bought a new Roku Express 3930RW, and it won't connect to the WiFi either!!

I cannot find any support phone number and I just need HELP!!! My Roku was working just fine until I tried to watch tv this morning - and I have been trying to fix this for HOURS. Like I said - a brand new one straight out of the box is NOT connecting either. (My OLD Roku in my other room works just fine - but if I put the other 2 in that room on that same TV, they don't connect)

#rokuexpress3900RW

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

@Moongirl630 

Who is your ISP?

If its XFinity, try changing your 2.4Ghz mode to "B/G/N" - you can do this using the XFinity mobile app, manually configuring your modem/router/gateway, or having XFinity do it for you.

0 Kudos