Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pakhisana

roku wifi distance question,

I recently built 2 bedrooms in the basement for my kids , they are clearly the farthest bedrooms from my AC Router ,

If I get them the very cheapest new Roku models will they have issues, I notice that the more expensive ones have better antennas??

I think they do,,,,

Thank you (owner of 5 roku boxes)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: roku wifi distance question,

@pakhisana

Thanks for the inquiry.

There are a variety of factors that cannot be accounted for with your inquiry. What specific Roku model device will you be purchasing? How far will these devices be from the router?

There honestly won't be an answer we can provide rather than you just purchasing the devices and seeing if they work in your intended setup and if you are not happy with how things are going, we would recommend returning the devices from where you purchased them.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

You can probably get a preliminary reading by taking a  phone or tablet that connects to your home wifi set up down to the new basement rooms and check whether they make a good wifi connection there.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos

I just moved tv to another room, actually closer to router, Im only 50 feet away. after plugging in TV/Ruko and network "scan" my Roku cant find internet it had been connected from other room.

Ive unplugged Router/modem//TV/Roku several times, tried 'reset system' but still cant find internet to connect to, tried "Factory reset", no go.

Also, in same room my phone has two "Bars" of service.

Any help welcome.

thank you

0 Kudos

I just moved another TV, which has built-in Roku, and it works! So why isnt my Roku Premier working with bigger TV?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Wow.  Has that spam in the OP really been there since Jan 2022?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MatthewRuss, what's the model number displayed under Settings->System->About?  Does it show any networks when it scans?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos