Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrs_setback
Level 7

roku ultra mac address

where do you find the mac address on the roku ultra? i need this in order to connect to ethernet

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku ultra mac address

Has it already completed the initial setup?  If so, you can get it from Settings->System->About.  If not, I'd suggest using your phone as a hotspot to get through the initial setup and then you can find the MAC address from the Settings menu.  I don't believe it's written anywhere on the device or within the packaging.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mrs_setback
Level 7

so it needs wifi in order to set up? just wondering, haven't ordered this product yet. i wouldn't be able to connect this to a wireless network and i only have access to ethernet, so that's why i was wondering...

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Ah, ok...  a little bit different question.  It needs an Internet connection to complete setup.  With the Ultra, that can be wired or wireless.

I may be reading too much between the lines, but let's make sure you have a router before we go too far.  If you only have one Ethernet connection available then you'll have a problem.  If you have a box with multiple Ethernet ports then you should be ok.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos