Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku ultra mac address

where do you find the mac address on the roku ultra? i need this in order to connect to ethernet

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: roku ultra mac address

Has it already completed the initial setup?  If so, you can get it from Settings->System->About.  If not, I'd suggest using your phone as a hotspot to get through the initial setup and then you can find the MAC address from the Settings menu.  I don't believe it's written anywhere on the device or within the packaging.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

so it needs wifi in order to set up? just wondering, haven't ordered this product yet. i wouldn't be able to connect this to a wireless network and i only have access to ethernet, so that's why i was wondering...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Ah, ok...  a little bit different question.  It needs an Internet connection to complete setup.  With the Ultra, that can be wired or wireless.

I may be reading too much between the lines, but let's make sure you have a router before we go too far.  If you only have one Ethernet connection available then you'll have a problem.  If you have a box with multiple Ethernet ports then you should be ok.

0 Kudos