Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawgreen
Level 7

roku stick will not connect to wireless network

i have a black roku streaming stick that will neither connect to the remote (reset button does nothing other than reboot the device) nor my wireless network (Google Mesh).

SN: 5S673H152050

MAC: b0:ee:7b:b0:1b:3f

transmitting as: DIRECT-roku-050-FA96FA @ 2.4 GHz on channel 11

suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Regina2020
Level 7

Re: roku stick will not connect to wireless network

Did you figure it out? Having the same problem with connecting to Orbi mesh network.

0 Kudos
swrdjr
Level 7

Roku stick and 3 box will not connect to wifi as usual.

@Regina2020 wrote:

Did you figure it out? Having the same problem with connecting to Orbi mesh network.

0 Kudos
stick66
Level 8

I had a similar issue where it would not connect (it was fine for a while, then just stopped working) while connected to my Samsung TV.  I connected to a different TV to see if there was an issue with the stick.  Stick was fine, and after updating I reconnected to Samsung TV.  It now works fine.  Not sure why the Samsung TV would not allow me to update.  I even tried with a new stick, but had the same issue.  Try connecting to a different tv and do an update.  It may help.

0 Kudos
stick66
Level 8

I had a similar issue where it would not connect (it was fine for a while, then just stopped working) while connected to my Samsung TV.  I connected to a different TV to see if there was an issue with the stick.  Stick was fine, and after updating I reconnected to Samsung TV.  It now works fine.  Not sure why the Samsung TV would not allow me to update.  I even tried with a new stick, but had the same issue.  Try connecting to a different tv and do an update.  It may help.

0 Kudos