Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atsushi

roku stick disconnection issue

i have a roku stick connected to my tv, and every time i turn it on, i always have to restart it to get it connected to the internet. would anyone have any idea why this keeps happening? it’s not too terrible of an issue since it works fine after restarting, it’s just kind of annoying to have to restart it every time. i don’t recall having this issue either when i first got this specific stick. my other roku devices do not experience this issue either

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku stick disconnection issue

Roku operating system version 10.5 added a new "Power" item in the "Settings > System" menu Roku devices released since fall 2020. At this writing they are Ultra/Ultra LT (4800/4801 /4802), Express 4K/4K+ (3940/3941), and Streaming Stick 4K/4K+ (3820/3821). The new "Auto power savings" item there will put your Roku device into a low power standby condition after a 20 minute period of inactivity, such as when your tv has been turned off for a while.

This low power condition shuts down both audio/video output to your TV and the device's wifi connection.

Pressing a Roku control key (like the Home button) on your Roku remote (not Power, Volume, or Mute buttons if your remote has them, as they act on the TV, not the Roku) should bring the Roku out of standby and back to full operation. Pulling the power for a few seconds to restart the Roku will restore full operation as well.

If you disable the "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction " it should prevent your Roku from going into standby in the first place. The power savings are not that great and for the hassle it causes, I don't think it's worth having this feature activated.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos