Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pagerpager
Level 7

roku premier can't find any wifi

I've been using my roku premier for streaming to my sony tv for about 8 months and suddenly, it won't connect to wifi.

I've unplugged the router, modem, roku and tv all at the same time multiple times over the last few days and nothing has worked. my roku isn't finding any wifi networks at all.

ive had my internet provider reset my gateway and the wifi is working just fine.

anyone else having this problem? any tips to solve it?  

38 REPLIES 38\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roku premier can't find any wifi

@pagerpager 

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to your PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Mekline
Level 7

I am having this exact issue. I have tried all the above fixes as well. I have also tried a factory reset and have made zero progress. All other devices work flawlessly on our WiFi network. And the Roku had been working great till one day it just wasn't.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Mekline 

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to your PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MeganS
Level 7

My parents are having the exact same problem. They just bought Roku for the first time -- Premiere -- and can't get it to connect to WiFi, even though other devices are connecting just fine. The router is 2.4 Ghz, so that shouldn't be the problem. They select their wireless network and get to the dialog box "Unable to connect to wireless network" and can't get any further -- it doesn't even ask them for a password. Oddly, when I had them select a neighbor's wireless network, just to see what would happen, the Roku went a step further and asked them for the PW.  Because of the lockdown, I'm trying to assist them remotely, but it sounds like they've done everything right. Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
Anissajanay
Level 7

I need help as well the exact same thing is happening to my roku 

0 Kudos
newwatcher1
Level 7

I'm having the same issue.  Tried to use Roku on 8/3/2020 but would not on line.  When I tried to connect, no wifi networks are found.  Did a factory reset, now can't set up the Roku, no wifi networks are  found.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@MeganS wrote:

My parents are having the exact same problem. They just bought Roku for the first time -- Premiere -- and can't get it to connect to WiFi, even though other devices are connecting just fine. The router is 2.4 Ghz, so that shouldn't be the problem. They select their wireless network and get to the dialog box "Unable to connect to wireless network" and can't get any further -- it doesn't even ask them for a password. Oddly, when I had them select a neighbor's wireless network, just to see what would happen, the Roku went a step further and asked them for the PW.  Because of the lockdown, I'm trying to assist them remotely, but it sounds like they've done everything right. Can anyone help?

That sounds like the router might have a security level configured that the Roku doesn't support. Perhaps it's still using WEP (I would hope not), or some other flavor that isn't supported by Roku. Mine are set to WPA/WPA2-Personal(PSK). Also make sure the password doesn't have special characters, only upper/lower case letters and numbers. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
newwatcher1
Level 7

My Roku premiere was connected to the internet and working from 2/2020 until 8/3/2020.  It has lost all networking capabilities, unable to see any of the multiple networks in my area. 

0 Kudos
TimmyC
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue. The only difference is our Roku is only 5 months old.

0 Kudos