Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pschmeer
Level 7

roku express not finding new Netgear router

My very old Netgear router fell on the floor and stopped working so I bought new wireless Netgear router. All my other devices but one ( a roku express) see the new router, including another roku express nearby. Doesn't matter how many times I scan, one roku doesn't see any wireless networks. I replaced it with a newer roku express and that sees a strong signal from the router and connects no problem. Problem is I can't load the Spectrum TV app on the new one due to a contract dispute between roku/spectrum. So I want to get the old one working. Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: roku express not finding new Netgear router

Since your router is seeing your other new Express, I would try doing a network reset on the old Express followed by a System Restart.

Settings..System..Advanced System Setting..Reset Network Connection...Network Reset

There may simply be something a little different from your previous network setup that the old Express is not recognizing with your new setup.  

As you seem aware, do not do a full factory reset on your old Express if you need the Spectrum app.

0 Kudos
pschmeer
Level 7

Unfortunately, getting Spectrum is the only reason I need to go back to the old roku. So it seems like the network reset option will not do what I need? Thanks for the suggestion. I may give it a try anyway.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Level 10

@pschmeer 

There are many troubleshooting steps to try.  I would try the network reset first and then we can proceed from there with more options.  To clarify, I just meant to emphasize that you should not do a "factory reset" during troubleshooting if you need the Spectrum app.  Since you need the Spectrum app, there is a list of other troubleshooting steps, short of factory reset, that may resolve your problem.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 16

Apps on Roku accounts auto-mirror/auto-replicate to all supported devices.

In other words, if you had the Spectrum app on one device, it should automatically appear on all other devices (assuming all the devices are on the same Roku account)

Aside from the Roku/Spectrum carriage dispute (as of late December), which you should be aware of at this point, this should be the case.

If for some reason its not replicating to all your devices on the same account, and you previously installed/used the Spectrum app prior to mid-December, you can call Spectrum and they will provide with a link to download/install the Spectrum app.

0 Kudos