Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandoman
Level 7

roku express not connecting to network

New to forum.
I have 5 roku express devices. I added a nova mw6 wifi mesh router on Friday and had to go thru all my setups again to new router name and password. No issues, every one connected with no problem. Working fine last night, but this morning one of the devices now will not connect to my network. After going thru the connection setup my new wifi network is the default network I see, I click on "password" and enter the password, all letters and numbers. It will not connect. I go to roku website and go thru the troubleshooting suggested and still fails at accepting the password. Spoke with tech support lady at roku and she had me go thru all the same things and still not accepting the password. Works on all my other wireless devices including other rokus. I tried a factory reset and it fails upon starting up when I get to the password. Tech lady tells me I'm not typing in my password correctly. now she's just making me frustrated as I know I'm typing correct password.
Any help would be appreciated. My device is 1 mo old, connected to a Samsung plasma tv via a new Yamaha av receiver thru hdmi.
Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dgrace
Level 7

Re: roku express not connecting to network

Is your password just letters and/or numbers? If there are any special characters try changing your password to not have them. This was an issue in older models, not sure if it still is.
"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos