Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

roku express can't find wireless networks & shows not connected

In the middle of a movie started getting the blue running circle every 20-30 seconds then Not Connected. Tried to reconnect. Not Connected. Restarted Roku. No networks found. Not connected. All other devices, laptop, phone, tablets are connected and running beautifully. There was no update to the router itself and no lapse or slowdown with the wireless on the other devices. 

Current version is 9.2 and it was running fine until the above occurred so it can't be a problem with 2.4 vs. 5. Please Help!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: roku express can't find wireless networks & shows not connected

I know this doesn't seem to make much sense when your other devices see the network and connect without problems, but this has worked for me several times in the past.

Restart the router. After the router comes back up, restart the Roku (Settings > System > System restart) to start with a clean slate and try to reconnect.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: roku express can't find wireless networks & shows not connected

Makes no sense, since 1 of my 4 Rokus connected wireless and other 3 did not. Unplug Roku. Switch off router for 30 seconds Plus. Router back on. Once up and going plug in Roku. Worked on al three. Thanks.

0 Kudos