Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jph57
Binge Watcher

roku express 3930x after windows 11 update

two roku express 3930x both working fine 2 days ago.

updated to windows 11 on my computer, now neither one works.

reset, restarted, changed all account info, changed passwords, restarted router.  It tells me everything is connected until you select a channel when it says can't connect, check connection.

ultra and my 3920 were unaffected.  only the two 3930x, in two different rooms were affected.

any ideas or solutions out there?

0 Kudos
44 REPLIES 44
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: roku express 3930x after windows 11 update

Hi @jph57

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us who your internet service provider is? If it's Comcast or ATT, we recommend changing your router settings for the 2.4 GHz band from g/n to b/g/n, as customers have stated that this helped resolve their issue.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

@jph57  What does Windows 11 and your Roku have to do with anything? Sure you don’t mean your Roku 3930 updated to Roku OS 11? 

0 Kudos
jph57
Binge Watcher

I do have Comcast.  Changed setting to b/g/n.  No difference.  

0 Kudos
jph57
Binge Watcher

the computer I have my router connected to was updated to windows 11.  the Roku was already at OS11.

I don't know how Windows 11 would have affected things, but that is the only thing that changed overnight.

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

OK so what seems to be your issue with your to Roku expresses? Are you trying to say that both of the Roku expresses you won’t do not connect to your Wi-Fi? You on the base model Roku express which only works on a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi. They also only work on b g n

0 Kudos
jph57
Binge Watcher

yes. they both were fine and were watched the night before.   both stopped the same day.    the day after I updated my computer to windows 11...relevant????

anyway, it says I have strong excellent signal, yes 2.4 b/g/n.  everything displays and I can even watch live TV from the left hand column.  it seems to be only the channels such as Disney+, Pluto, Tubi, etc.  when you click on any of those channels, it says can't connect and to check connection.  I can't add any channels without the same message appearing.  

since the 3920 and the ultra are still working, wasn't sure if Roku cut off something on the 3930x models.

it's just funny that only those two are having issues and both on the same day and both the day after I updated to Windows 11 on my computer.  could be a coincidence, but things like this will keep me up at night....just not watching TV.

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Your Windows computer and Roku have zero to do with each other. Let’s make that clear. You need to change your modem settings 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jph57 

Just to put your mind at ease, updating or installing software on a computer will not affect how your Roku device connects to your internet. 

Since you have verified that you are currently set to b/g/n and you are able to stream the Roku Channel LiveTV, but not other Channels/apps indicates these Channels/apps are not detecting a network connection.

Try simply restarting both your Roku device and your Router.  If still no-go, try disassociating the AP and creating a new network connection between the router and your Roku device. (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
jph57
Binge Watcher

I have done all those steps and other than having to do a few more steps to keep the ultra and 3920 working, still no luck with the either of the 3930x.

I didn't think the Windows 11 would have had an effect, but I mentioned it simply because it was the only thing done from bedtime Tuesday to wanting to watch TV Wednesday.