Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gds1

roku 3810 wont connect to wifi after password was changed

i had to change the password on my modem/router and go go thru and reconnect all devices.all went well till it came time to connect my 2 roku sticks,after about 50 tries,resetting,restarting everything multiple times ,one unit finally reconnected.the other one has not yet.its been 2 weeks of multiple tries,9 out 10,wont connect, the other one it connects and then while trying to go thru all the setups, it disconnects and so it begins all over again. really fed up with the whole roku BS. anyone have any suggestions as i am ready to throw this piece of garbage away.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: roku 3810 wont connect to wifi after password was changed

Easier passwords work better.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
MHL13

I have the same issue. I changed my wifi password today and now none of my 3 Roku devices will connect to the internet. Have you found any help with this? 

sonsnroses

I had the same problem after getting a new router then setting a new password for my 5G & 2G networks.  My newest Roku device connected to my newest TV permitted the Roku password change to my same named 5G network without issue.  My next to oldest Roku device, however, would not connect to my new router.  I shut the Roku device and my TV off then turned them both back on.  I pressed the WPS button on my router then changed the TV's network & password values.  Then I changed the Roku's password value.  This time it worked right away.  My third and oldest Roku device also worked after I updated my TV's network & password values first.  Then made the change to the Roku device.  My third TV and Roku are the oldest devices.  The first two sets of devices connected to 5G.  The oldest, however, would not so I connected that pair to the 2G network.

Hope this helps.