Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jct718
Level 7

"Interference" option on Wireless Secret Screen?

I suspect my Roku 3800 of kicking other devices in the house off of the wifi. This happened before with an older model and I was able to go to the wireless secret screen and turn "Interference" off. This no longer seems to be an option when I go to that menu. How can I change the setting?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: "Interference" option on Wireless Secret Screen?

Those hidden menus were never designed for customer use. Roku has always reserved the ability to alter or remove functions from them. Sometimes they get moved to the "normal" menus, but often they are removed. I don't believe this is something that has been moved to the settings menu, so it likely is no longer available. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jct718
Level 7

Re: "Interference" option on Wireless Secret Screen?

So if I no longer have the option to fix this problem myself, what is the solution to the Roku kicking my other devices off of the wifi?

0 Kudos