Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dbeyer6179
Level 7

Roku premier+ will not stay connected to WiFi now did before

This is my 4th Roku and the only one with the problem.  Have had it just over a month and it just started not staying connected.  Got it off Amazon so I can't return it now cause it's over the time frame.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
zeezee
Level 7

Re: premier will not connect to wifi

I'm also experiencing a problem with my 3-month-old Roku Premiere/3-month-old Sony TV. Yesterday everything was working great - this morning "No Network Found". I've unplugged/re-plugged the Roku, and done a factory reset...but no success. I have two 2018 Roku Expresses on other TV's in my home and both are connected to WiFi and working just fine. Any help getting this frustrating problem resolved would be greatly appreciated!

(Big storm in my area last night - would that cause this issue?)

Again, Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku premier+ will not stay connected to WiFi now did before

@dbeyer6179 @zeezee 

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Can you please answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with the answers to the above, your Roku account email address, and serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Coachmk75
Level 7

Re: Roku premier+ will not stay connected to WiFi now did before

My Premiere+ was working fine last night. Now it won't connect to WiFi. Router is 5 feet from the TV, I have power cycled the router and reset my Roku and still won't connect. Start answering the question in the community.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Coachmk75
Level 7

Re: 3920x offline

I also am having the same problem with my 3921+. I have tried all your suggestions about my router. I have tried the instructions from the support page and now I have reset my Roku 3921+ and it won't connect to anything. 

So it feels like there was an update and now I have a brick for a Roku.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3920x offline

@Coachmk75

Thanks for the note.

I have sent you a PM and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos