Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BC84
Level 7

Re: Lost wireless connection, won't reconnect

I just purchased a Roku Premiere and it refuses to connect to my Linksys router.  It will sometimes connect successfully and then lose connection while trying to update.  I am sure that my password is correct, it contains no special characters, I have restarted my router and internet, I have hard reset my router including password, I have tried starting up right next to the router, I have tried adding the MAC address to my router manually, I have tried using my cell phone to perform startup, all of my other devices (including my first generation Chromecast that this was meant to replace) are able to connect to the router.  I have wasted three hours of my life without even being able to open the main menu.  There is no option to contact any support staff about this issue. Should I just return this and buy a competing product?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChrisP1
Level 7

If you have the receipt I would return it and try a different company. I didn’t have my receipt so am stuck with it (for now). One work around I found has worked for me for a few weeks now is creating a guest wifi log in and only connecting the roku to it.  The Roku seems to really struggle when it is reconnecting to the router. I tried always leaving it on but even after a few hours of connectivity it would still get lost and I would have to factory reset. 

Rokus customer service is non-existent or terrible if they ever chose to reply.

Good luck!  

Highlighted
Lobofan
Level 7

My Premiere will not connect to wireless internet. The device is only a month old. I've moved the device to another TV and it still won't connect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes here.

@BC84 Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on your wireless router for the 2.4GHz band? Sometimes this can help alleviate connection issues caused by wireless interference. 

You also mentioned your phone—have you tried launching a mobile hotspot and connecting to it to see if you are able to successfully get connected? 

If those things still aren't helping, please feel free to send me a private message and I'll get you in touch with our support team for more assistance. 

@Lobofan The Roku Premiere is only compatible with 2.4GHz wireless b/g/n networks. You'll want to ensure that your wireless router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network in order to get connected. Your ISP or router manufacturer can assist you with reviewing your wireless router configuration. 

Keep us posted from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lobofan
Level 7

Tanner,

Roku Premiere will not  connect to internet. My other Roku Premiere devices are working correctly in my home. I believe the device is defective, I've only had it for two months.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lobofan Thanks for letting us know. I'll continue assisting you via PM. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Enrimarg
Level 7

I am having the exact same issue.  I have three Roku premier that were working fine yesterday and now they won't connect to my wifi.   My fire stick is connected without a problem and so are is my computer so I know it's not my internet.  I just got these last month so I don't know if this is normal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wstephany
Level 7

Re: premier will not connect to wifi

have four Premiers doing the same thing, less than 6 months old. The TV's with Roku have no problem, just the premiers.  What do you do to fix or will Roku snd new ones that work?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Enrimarg @wstephany Thanks for reaching out. Roku Premiere devices only support 2.4GHz wireless b/g/n networks. Have you contacted your ISP to confirm that your wireless router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz wireless network, and that there are not any security features or filtering that have been enabled that may prevent your devices from connecting? If not, I'd highly recommend doing so. Some ISPs change wireless modem/router configurations from time to time, or roll out new features that may limit device access by default for security purposes. 

With more information, we can continue assisting you from there. 

Cheers,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
dbeyer6179
Level 7

I have the same problem my 4th Roku will not stay connected, my other three are fine.  It's only a month old and just started doing this.

0 Kudos