Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Archer
Level 7

premier will not connect to wifi

I have 3 roku 2 connect fine the third will not connect.  It is the closest to the router signal strength is great,  both device and router cycled many times, yes 2.4ghz 

0 Kudos
25 Replies
Highlighted
Tajb650
Level 7

Re: premier will not connect to wifi

Neither will mine. I’ve had issues with it for a year it cuts in and out of connection and is unreliable but the other 2 roku and Apple TV work just fine. This is the second roku I’ve had this issue with and I’m pissed I’ll have to buy another one
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: premier will not connect to wifi

@Tajb650 @Archer Thanks for reaching out here. Please send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with your Roku account email address. I'll help get you in touch with our support team for additional assistance. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
georgearena
Level 7

3920x premiere offline

Both of my 3920x premiers went offline this morning and will not reconnect to my router, even with the correct password, adequate signal strength, etc.  All of my other devices including an older roku are connecting just fine.

I have tried restarting them but that does not resolve the issue.  I have disconnected other devices and reconnected them with the correct password.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: 3920x offline

@georgearena 

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

I would recommend checking out our Support page for troubleshooting issues here: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Can you please answer the following so I can get a better understanding of what you are seeing:
- Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku Premiere is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. 
- Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect? 
- Have you tried moving the device closer to your router to see if you can get connected? 
- How long have you been experiencing this problem?

If those things still aren't helping, feel free to send me a PM with your responses to the above along with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku from Settings>System>About and I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Roku Premier not connecting to Internet

I have three Roku devices, a streaming stick (2yr), Roku Ultra (2yr), and a Roku Premiere (1yr). Up until a few days ago all three worked perfectly fine. However, now my Roku Premiere will not connect to the Internet. I have reset my router, moved it closer to the router, restarted the device, tried a couple of youtube troubleshooting tutorials, and even done a factory reset, but it will not connect to the Internet which is also 2.4 GHz. All other devices in the house work perfectly fine (cell phones, laptops, other Roku device, etc.).

I'm at the end of my rope here and I don't know what to do next. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Premier not connecting to Internet

@juliaperrinez 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have sent you a private message to assist you further with your issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stonehouse35
Level 7

Lost wireless connection, won't reconnect

I have been experiencing a very frustrating Network problem similar but slightly different than many network problems that appeared with the last firmware update. I have to Roku premiere pluses. Both are exhibiting the same behavior. After connecting to the internet and working fine for a day, the next day they will be not connected and unable to reconnect. Resetting the Roku device itself has no effect. However resetting the router will allow the connection to work again for a day. the issue is not with the router as all other wireless devices connect and stay connected just fine. I have Linksys Velop router. My devices never experienced this problem prior to a recent update that had to have been pushed through. Is extremely troublesome for there to be a forced update that breaks connectivity and go this long without a fix it's been over a month. it is essentially made the product unusable in my house except for by me. This is unacceptable. 9.2.0 Build 4806-91

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Lost wireless connection, won't reconnect

@Stonehouse35 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I have sent you a private message to assist you further with your issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
ChrisP1
Level 7

Re: Lost wireless connection, won't reconnect

Why are all these only answered in private message?  I have the exact same issue and would love to resolve it. It is very frustrating having to do a factory reset every time I want to use a Roku product