Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jnj8103

onn. Roku TV unable to connect to wifi

Roku tv will not connect to my wifi. Tv is literally 15 feet from router. We have reset the router and tv several times. TV is new. Has never been connected to router and will not connect. Error codes 014.50 and 014.40. I’ve been through several suggested fixes none work. I’ve had success using my phone hot spot but our WiFi is a bust. I’m at a loss. We bought this tv for our daughters and they aren’t even able to use it. Returning is not possible because I bought it months ago on sale and just gifted it to them for being on the honor roll. I feel like I wasted my money on a tv that doesn’t work and disappointed my kids all at once. :(. My router works to connect my Vizio smart tv and a roku box on our basement tv but our WiFi will not work with this “onn roku tv” no matter what I try. I feel disappointed and defeated. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: onn. Roku TV unable to connect to wifi

Roku mysteriously doesn't explain those error codes, although they do say that 14.40 is an incorrect password.  Do you have any special characters in your Wi-Fi password?  Can you try changing it to a simpler one (just letters and numbers) to see if your TV will connect?  I'm sure you know this, but passwords are case sensitive.  Some people have had a problem shifting the Roku keyboard from lower to upper case and back.

This is practically useless, but here's Roku's "explanation" of error codes: 
https://support.roku.com/article/208755728

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ashbro09

Same thing happened to my roku streaming stick + and roku tv since November 5th they both haven’t been working tried everything and can’t figure it out. I tried wifi company and roku company . Roku is emailing me back checking in on me and checking for the problem

0 Kudos
Tchase

I think this is an issue with the onn tv, as I have been unable to get mine to connect as well. Got a great deal on two 50 inch tv's the day after Thanksgiving.  Too bad I can't use them as smart tv's now. I tried everything. Resetting the Roku device, the router, I bought a booster for the wireless. Nothing.....very disappointing. My other roku device works just fine, so I know it is this tv.

@Ashbro09 wrote:

Same thing happened to my roku streaming stick + and roku tv since November 5th they both haven’t been working tried everything and can’t figure it out. I tried wifi company and roku company . Roku is emailing me back checking in on me and checking for the problem

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Tchase 

What is the Roku device (model number) that is connecting and what is the Roku device (model number) that is not connecting?

Different Roku models operate on different network settings.  Also, what are the ONN tv models?  If you are able to verify some network settings from your router, maybe can help troubleshoot the issue.  Router model number also helpful and anything specific to your network setup. (one router, bridged, MAC filtering, etc.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Ysanc43

Manually update the tv. You’ll need a computer and usb drive. Apparently, it is not on the latest version, so it has difficulty connecting to wireless connection. I did it and it worked. Go to tvupdate.roku.com. Follow directions from there. Good luck! 

0 Kudos
olrazadad

My quick fix is go to system and network reset.  Once completed reconnect and working again. 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos