Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc18
Level 7

on home network today my roku is misidentifing my geo location

My Roku's (I have 3 Express units) have been working fine for two years.

No changes have been made, no hardware changed or added, no software updates performed.

Streamed yesterday and last night with no issues.

This morning when I turned on my TV via my Roku express I noticed the time was one hour forward.  Opened my Hulu app on the Roku and it "thinks" I am located in Oklahoma thus my channels are from that area not my local area in another state.

Did a what's my IP address search, on my PC, appears the address appears to the be the backbone network for my ISP  Called my ISP, they show a different IP address for my modem and don't have any knowledge as to why when I do an IP address search it does not match.

I think the issue is my ISP but they have no soluton

Question: How do I get my Roku to translate the IP address it is pulling to my actual home location? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: on home network today my roku is misidentifing my geo location

@jc18- A Roku streaming device by itself has no means of streaming your local stations.  You must be using an installed channel app to access them (YouTubeTV, Hulu + Live, etc.).  Look within that app to see if there is some way to set your location, perhaps by zip code.

If you still need help, post back with the channel app you are using to access your locals and perhaps someone familiar with that app will be able to help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
0 Kudos