Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renee4
Level 7

no remote

my roku remote got broken because of my dog, and i moved. i need to setup the wireless network but i don’t have my remote. i downloaded the add and i need to be on the same network to link them. i’ve heard to connect to the roku hotspot but i don’t have the password and i can’t find out without the remote. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: no remote

What model Roku player do you have? If it's a Roku Stick, you're out of luck, as the Stick only supports WiFi remotes. If it's any other Roku player, then you can get an inexpensive IR remote from any local store, as long as they list Roku as a supported device. Many do, but you need to check.

If you have a Stick and the model number is 3500 (purple case) or lower, there are no longer remotes available from Roku. And frankly, those players are so old they should be replaced anyway. They don't support the latest channels. 

If you have any way of making the WiFi SSID and password the same as your old network, your Roku should reconnect to the network automatically. Just don't do a hard reset, or you'll be able to do nothing without a remote. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos