Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jroman27
Level 7

no remote just remote on the app

i brought my roku tv to a different household, i don’t have the roku remote to use i only have the app with the remote on there to use for the tv. but i can’t connect the remote app to the tv because it’s not in the same network and i can’t go on the tv to connect it to another network or even get the IP Address because i don’t have the actual roku remote, i only have the remote on my phone and it won’t connect. can anyone please help me i don’t know what to do 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CaiZa2114
Level 7

Re: no remote just remote on the app

Following. I would say try a new remote. $20 at Target. Just make sure you can take it back if it does not work. 

I went out and bought a new remote to fix this issue, now the remote won’t pair. None of the instructions work. Same with the help pages 😖😫. They upgraded my internet and because the remotes are long gone and I use the app, I have two Rokus I can no longer use. Smh. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: no remote just remote on the app

If it's anything other than a stick you can use a cheap universal remote that supports Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos