Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
icedtea48
Level 7

no longer works

I have a Roku stick.  Can't find a model listed anywhere.  It worked just fine when i set it up and used it a lot.  Went to turn it on and it no longer works.  it is connected by using the 3 cables that came with it and plugged into the back of the tv.  I have changed the source when I want to watch it, I have unplugged and replugged everything and changed the batteries in the remote.  Still nothing.  I can't find the box that it came in, so I don't have an HDMI cable to try that.  Any thoughts as to how to get this working?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: no longer works

I don't understand "3 cables". Roku sticks connected directly to the HDMI port on a tv and come only with a single USB power cord, or in the case of the Streaming Stick Plus, a two-part USB power cord (first one contains its external WIFI receiver, plus an optional extension). Perhaps you also acquired the short HDMI extension to go between your stick and the tv?

At any rate, how are you powering your Roku -- plugged into the USB port on your tv, or into a power adaptor connected to your house power? Many tv USB ports don't supply the amperage needed to power a Roku reliably.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos