Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XDH

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

I can’t even use the factory remotes, so I have been using my phone. Out of the four Roku devices I have only two are working and hooking up to my wireless network now. I can even try to go into settings because the remotes won’t work! I’m going to have to leave this company and spectrum more than likely. I have an Apple TV, I might just have to use them instead, of Spectrum wants to keep me, they better get down with Apple.

0 Kudos

Re: no connection to the internet/multiple people posting about this/ where is customer support?

I have tried everything but no connection. I need to be able to use my Roku TV or I want a refund!

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@melindazupan wrote:

I have tried everything but no connection. I need to be able to use my Roku TV or I want a refund!

Roku did not build your TV. For hardware support you need to contact the TV manufacturer. There are twelve different manufacturers of Roku TVs, and they provide the only support for their equipment. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cnamom69
Reel Rookie

I'm having that problem right now .I bought the rv on Aug 1st ,2020 and it's been connected to the internet the whole te and connected to my mobile phone now all of a sudden it's not finding anything !I can't get ahold of anyone and I can't do anything I tried resetting everything turning it on and off and so on and thing I have a warranty but they said I have to contact the manufacturer but I'm on hold for hours than it hangs up I feel like giving up

0 Kudos

Been using Roku Premiere+ Streaming Stick while staying in hotels and using hotel WiFi. No problems connecting until about 4 weeks ago. Started having a problem being clicked off WiFi anywhere from 5 to 12 minutes into watching movie regardless whether Netflix or Amazon Prime. Hilton hotels have WiFi 800 support number. Explained issue to support  tech. He asked what device I was using. I indicated Roku device. He said he has had many calls from hotel guests using Roku devices with the problem I am having. He explained Roku apparently did an update within the last few months and now he is getting a lot of calls from hotel guests using Roku devices about dropped WiFi signals. Coincidence?  Note I don’t have any problems streaming movies on my iPad using the same hotel WiFi network. Does this make any sense?  Apparently the Roku has an inferior processor or Roku changed something with a recent update. I have been in contact with Roku but they blame it on hotel WiFi signal not their Roku. I’m not the brightest technologically, but this doesn’t make sense that I only lose the WiFi signal using a Roku but not using my iPad connecting to same WiFi network. Note I bought a Roku Ultra and had the same experience losing the WiFi signal.  Maybe someone can educate me. 

SvanRij1

My Roku devices will connect to my home network but no internet connection. This has been going on for 2wks now. I went and bought a new Roku Ultra and the same thing occurs.  My internet provider says they need to know what ports need to be open to establish connection to see if that will fix the problem. On their end they show everything is connected just fine.  Sure wish I talk to someone on the phone.  Roku Ultra (4670 series)  Roku Express (3700 series)  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@SvanRij1 wrote:

My Roku devices will connect to my home network but no internet connection. This has been going on for 2wks now. I went and bought a new Roku Ultra and the same thing occurs.  My internet provider says they need to know what ports need to be open to establish connection to see if that will fix the problem. On their end they show everything is connected just fine.  Sure wish I talk to someone on the phone.  Roku Ultra (4670 series)  Roku Express (3700 series)  

No ports need to be open for a Roku to function. Home routers allow virtually any outbound connection, unless someone has specifically blocked a particular port or protocol. And no one does that with home systems, with a few exceptions. Some people do attempt to block the ad servers, but that would be an inbound connection.

The way IP traffic works through the router is something internal sends a request for something from the Internet. That request is returned, and the router recognizes it was requested and allows it in. If the incoming connection was not requested, then it is blocked, unless that specific port is opened in the router.

Even in the best of times you'd never get that level of technical support without going though a large number of steps. Roku has never offered that level of tech support to users. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
LJJR

I have four Roku devices with one connecting with ethernet.  Problems off and on for a few weeks but today none of them will connect to the Internet.  All my other Internet gadgets working perfectly.

0 Kudos
AleCo25

I have the exact same issue. I've had roku premiere + for a while and I've loved it and then all of a sudden it just won't connect to the wifi. All of the other devices connect in my house except this one.

0 Kudos
Sam30204

Mine also quit connecting to my WiFi 2 days ago. It forgot my saved info and asked me to enter password although it’s never done that except when I set it up the first time. Anyway I put the correct password in and it still won’t connect. Everything else in my house hooked to WiFi works fine 

0 Kudos