Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronmorrison69
Level 7

network security key

Jump to solution

I just installed a new modem and when I try to connect, I get questioned for the network security key. I put down the SSID but I don't know if that is what they want. There is a pass word and a WPS number on the bottom of the modem and I wonder if it is either of them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 21

Re: network security key

Jump to solution

Yes, it's asking for your WiFi password. If you haven't changed it, the passcode on the bottom of the modem should be what you need. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: network security key

Jump to solution

Yes, it's asking for your WiFi password. If you haven't changed it, the passcode on the bottom of the modem should be what you need. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos