Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngb1962
Level 7

my roku express pulls up my wireless network but won't connect

my roku express pulls up my wireless network with full bars, but won't connect because it says I have the incorrect password and I know my password is correct. Any suggestions on what to do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brodel
Level 7

Re: my roku express pulls up my wireless network but won't connect

Mine is doing the same thing. Error 040.14? Just bought it 2 days ago and have done reset after reset on both my router and my new roku device with zero luck. I have 3 other roku devices that work perfectly but for some reason, this new Express+ won’t connect to my network. There are many discussions on here of the same problem. These devices must just be faulty out of the box, that’s my conclusion after reading everyone else’s issues. WHAT’S THE DEAL ROKU?!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: my roku express pulls up my wireless network but won't connect

Do you have any non-alphanumeric characters in your net password? Some people have reported this giving them a problem in getting their Rokus to connect. Sorry, I don't know if the problem relates to any particular Roku model.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos