Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ipad not finding roku for screen mirroring

I am having the same problem. When first using our new Roku I was able to do screen mirroring from my iPad. I opened the screen mirroring and it searched and found the Roku device as a target, mirroring worked fine. Lately, the iPad does not show the Roku device and keeps searching. They are on the same WiFi network. Mirroring does work with a new iPhone. Any troubleshooting tips?

0 Kudos
EdwardJohn

I had the option to utilize screen reflecting to show from my iPad as of late portable smokers (around fourteen days prior, maybe). Has there been a change?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@gerrifrisbie @EdwardJohn

Thanks for the posts.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Screen mirror your Apple device with AirPlay

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SofioFay

I am having exactly the same problem. Until a month or so ago, I could use any of my Apple devices (mac, iPhone, iPad) and use screen mirroring to play on my tv thru Roku. I can still use the mac, but neither the phone or iPad. They are all on the same network. When I try screen mirroring, on the phone or pad, it finds the Roku streaming stick, but eventually says that "AirPlay cannot connect to Roku streaming stick". Very, very frustrating.

0 Kudos
PabloH3

My Roku was working fine with AirPlay on my iPad for months . Now, the Roku stick no longer appears as an option on the AirPlay menu.

I reviewed all of Roku's responses to similar issues and they just keep referring us back to the basic instructions for using AirPlay --which all assume that the Roku in fact shows up as an option. There has been no response to this issue.

0 Kudos
Shayna13

This is still an issue! I bought a new rook and l double checked it was compatible. it advertised as airplay compatible. My iPad has iOS 15 and they are on the same wifi

0 Kudos