Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

internet provider & locked shows

Jump to solution

I have ITV 3 as my cable/internet provider.  When I get a code to watch a locked show, my provider does not show up on the list. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: internet provider & locked shows

Jump to solution

@Erica5 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to authenticate your cable provider in a channel and are not given the option to choose your provider, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for further assistance. Each channel manages their own agreements with providers to allow authorization within their channels/apps. If your provider does not appear in the list of options, it's possible that the channel does not have an agreement with your TV provider to allow authentication on your device. Reaching out to your TV provider and the channel/service would be the best way to learn more and share your interest. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

ITV 3 is free in GB is it not?

I would imagine that is why. The links are geared for paid subscription.

I am surmising of course.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Erica5 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you are trying to authenticate your cable provider in a channel and are not given the option to choose your provider, we would recommend reaching out to the channel provider for further assistance. Each channel manages their own agreements with providers to allow authorization within their channels/apps. If your provider does not appear in the list of options, it's possible that the channel does not have an agreement with your TV provider to allow authentication on your device. Reaching out to your TV provider and the channel/service would be the best way to learn more and share your interest. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos