Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wthomprn
Level 7

internet connection

I received a Roku Premiere as a gift, the third for my home. This one will not pick up the internet and is placed beside the internet connections (router/wifi). I have reset/restarted the device many times and followed all of the trouble shooting guides to no success. Are there any other options to try. I did try to return it as it appears defective, however, there is a 30 day manufacturer period that was exceeded and the phone number give left a message to contact ROKU via email, which is how I got to this forum. I cannot find a way to contact the company direct. 

Please help, love the product, just not this one.

Bill

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: internet connection

It is actually possible to be TOO near the router such that the signal overwhelms the Roku's wifi receiver. If you have the flexibility to move things around to increase the spacing between Roku and router, see if that helps. Using a longer HDMI cable will give you increased flexibility for Roku placement.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
wthomprn
Level 7

Re: internet connection

I have continued to try and solve my connection issue. I have purchased a longer USB cable to move further away from my modem. I finally, took a TV down from another room that I use the ROKU premium on and it worked just fine. It appears that this device is defective. How can I now get another device? Please help, I have been trouble shooting for 3 weeks now.

Thank you, Bill

0 Kudos