Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KathleenMann101
Channel Surfer

internet connection issue with nothing other than roku

Jump to solution

My roku is less than a year old. I was having connectivity issues. I rebooted my wireless router. I restarted my roku. My roku will not connect to my wireless internet, but no other devices are having issues connecting. My ipad works, my cell phone all connected to the wireless, but Roku won't connect. I even reset my Roku back to factory settings, and it will not connect. Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: internet connection issue with nothing other than roku

Jump to solution

@KathleenMann101 

Some Xfinity/Comcast routers are not configurable by the end-user.  If you end up calling  Xfinity/Comcast, explain to them that you need "legacy b mode enabled for your Roku streaming device and need modes b/g/n enabled as such".

Additionally, some Xfinity firmware GUI still have their Wireless Mode adjustment under their "Advanced" Settings.  If you are not seeing an "Edit" feature, look under Advanced.  If you are seeing an "Edit" feature but it is greyed out, then unfortunately, not user configurable.

Another route to try is to try using the Xfi mobile App.  Some have found success by selecting "Forget device".  Here you would forget the Roku device.  Then try to establish a new connection.  (would probably restart both the Roku and Router before selecting new connection).

-----

@DedeMarie29 

What is your Roku model number, your router model number, and your ISP (internet provider).  Also, what build is your Roku OS.

The Roku model number and OS can be found under Settings/Systems/About 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Can you please provide more information on which Roku model you own. Thanks

0 Kudos
KathleenMann101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I purchased my roku from walmart last May. I don't remember which model exactly. Can I find out the model somewhere else?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The model number is written on the device itself. Is it a Roku Express, Stick or Ultra? The model number maybe something like 3930 or something like that 

0 Kudos
KathleenMann101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

So the model is 3930X

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@KathleenMann101  That is the base model Roku Express. It can only work on the 2.4GHz WiFi band. Please follow these instructions 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/t...

KathleenMann101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have made sure that I have 2.4GHz. I restarted my router again. Still no connection 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. I went a bought a brand new roku connector and network not connecting I've tired everything and still nothing

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@KathleenMann101  Please follow the instructions. It’s more then just 2.4. You need to switch it to b,g,n

0 Kudos
KathleenMann101
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have xfinity wifi. When I log in to my xfinity account to access the gateway there isn’t an option to edit. So I don’t know how to enable or adjust any of the modes in slide 3 of the attachment being sent for instruction. 

0 Kudos