Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ATL840
Level 7

error code 014.40 in Wireless set up on New Premiere

Had a 3 Series product installed - up until 2 hours ago - power supply connection went bad

& the wireless connection worked just fine.

Replacement: Upgraded to a new Premiere box today - can't get it to log into my network - I can see my network via the roku set up screen - but the device handshake does not work? Have rebooted my AT&T Router -rebooted the new device twice? Bangs down to Error Code 014.41. Have attempted this 6 times - "0" luck.

IF a 3 series device worked this AM -why would the new device NOT is the strange part????

Any suggestions??

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: error code 014.40 in Wireless set up on New Premiere

@ATL840 

Thanks for the information.

This error code is usually caused by an incorrect password for your network. Check that you have selected the correct network and have entered your password correctly.

Try taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting that network error code: What should I do if I cannot connect to my home network or the internet?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ravenblade696
Level 7

Has zero to do with wrong password. No e is brand new and randomly disconnects and won't reconnect with the same code. I think i.I'm about done with roku. Pain in the ass. This is on the daily. Strong signal. I'm the same room with the router. No reason for all that. Been a problem since day 1.

0 Kudos
Techguy77
Level 7

Same problem with a Express unit I bought for a small office TV. It will not see the network! I have reconfigured for everything! Even set it by the router. It sees routers next door but not one 2 feet away! I am thinking it has 2 antenna in it one for short-range one for long-range. Either the one for short-range is garbage or its the software. Or Both! I have a Roku Ultra but it is hard-wired to the network works fine. But this is the 1st one I have tried with wireless... Have to say I am not impressed. I think quality control has gone out the window with these newer models.

Now I am a network guy by trade! Roku will probably not admit it. But either they have sent out thousands of these defective. Or their setup software is total garbage.

Either way, it's going back.. Picked it up at wall mart... Could be this was just in a bad batch. But I bet its software and quality control.

I am now losing all confidence in buying any future upgrades Roku puts out.

I hope they know this kind of thing can destroy a company overnight if the word gets out!

0 Kudos
Techguy77
Level 7

I don't think you are getting it!!!! The units are not EVEN SEEING THE NETWORK during setup! You cannot put the wrong password in something that is not even listed to be able to login too! THE SSID is not showing up in the setup screen! But Yet EVERY SINGLE OTHER DEVICE sees it fine and is able to log in! Just not the Roku!

The software or hardware or both is faulty as simple as that!