Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee43
Reel Rookie

Re: connectivity issue NOT fixed error 014.50 continues 1/20 22

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting this info..I lost connection 5 hrs ago and been going nuts here trying to figure it out..greatly appreciate you right meow lol it was exactly what you said it was..and such helpful directions and easy to follow..thanks again back to streaming on my device and a happy person 😀 

0 Kudos
Candt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Model 3920X does not work!!

Keeps sending me to Hotel & Dorm room set up and that doesn’t not work. 
Tim

0 Kudos
Lee43
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same model as you and mine is fixed that's weird..I'm sorry your still having issues with yours..maybe call your Internet provider to assist you on how to change your settings..I'm not tech savvy either and wish could help more I got help here with the instructions that another had posted and it worked to fix my problem but I had to login to my xfinity account to actually fix the problem cause didn't have to due with roku it was an update from internet providers not roku themselves...I hope your able to get help for this I understand it's frustrating..good luck 😊 

0 Kudos
Karenatl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I am on ATT and the b/g/n is set correctly. The NETGEAR extender is in the same room as the Roku, Roku shows excellent connection. I can get it to connect, stays connected for 5-20 minutes then disconnects. Sometimes I can reconnect sometimes I can’t. I have restarted and reset everything multiple times- it is not my setup, it is how the Roku connects to the extender. I moved another Roku from a different area (where it works fine connected to main wireless (nonextender) with no problems but doesn’t work when talking to the extender. The smart tv (Sony) wireless works fine , but I can’t get appleTV on the Sony, which is why I got the roku

0 Kudos
rgoodwin13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

With CenturyLink service the issue may be special character recognition by the Roku.  The fix is to change the LAN setting to recognize special characters.

Go to the modem and get the modem GUI address, Admin Name and Admin Password.  From your computer browser enter the GUI address and from the main screen, select Advanced Set Up.

go to Lan settings

go to DCHP settings

go to option 4- set DCHP name and select allow special characters

Click Apply

Then go to the Roku settings and reconnect to wifi.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Karenatl
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hi@rgoodwin13-  I am not sure what the Century Link service is, but I am on ATT, and I went into my modem/router and I don’t have an option under DHCP name to allow special characters.

0 Kudos
rgoodwin13
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

CenturyLink is my internet provider in Oregon.

I don't know how to fix the issue with ATT.  Perhaps you might call their tech support and inquire about allowing special characters.

Good Luck.  It is a very frustrating issue to fix.

0 Kudos
DKOWSKI317

Jump to solution

What worked for me when I had Error 014.50 was hit the home button about 5 times then hit right arrow, play/pause, left arrow, play/pause, then right arrow and then a platform secret screen opens, select systems operations menu, click disable network ping (that may be In another network folder) then go back a few screens until you see system reboot. Your TV will restart automatically and it should connect. If not you might have another issue going on. 

0 Kudos
sjwolf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This did not fix my issue directly, but it did allow me to see signal / glitch rate.  I have a wifi signal amplifier installed .... which I forgot about.  I was showing a strong signal but also a high glitch rate.  I unplugged the signal extender and saw a strong signal drop.  I plugged the extender back in and re-paired with the modem.  Success.  Never knew about the secret screens.

0 Kudos
sjwolf
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try re-pairing the extender and modem.  Worked for me.  

0 Kudos