Wi-Fi & connectivity

Having Roku connectivity problems? Get the help and troubleshooting tips you need for Roku wireless connection issues, ethernet connections, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OH
Reel Rookie

connectivity issue NOT fixed error 014.50 continues 1/20 22

Jump to solution

Roku TV suddenly showed "not connected"; restarted roku and router, several times, reentered password, got 014.50 error. Got new router yesterday, roku recognizes new network with strength "excellent", all other devices connecting fine; new password entered into roku, same error.

Last night, saw on web that you're working on the issue, this am, website claims issue resolved, tried again; turned it off, unplugged it, tried yet again, same error code 014.50 CONNECTIVITY NOT RESOLVED as of 1/20 8am

very frustrated at difficulty informing roku of this problem, not even letting send email through website.  "There was an error submitting your request. Please try again."

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: connectivity issue NOT fixed error 014.50 continues 1/20 22

Jump to solution

Your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router that changed the router's wifi connection parameters from b/g/n to g/n (or a new router with that setting), which affects some Roku models. This has been reported lately with equipment from Comcast/Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi that was set by the update back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Step-by-step post from @AvsGunnar for Comcast/Xfinity users:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
JShafer1

Jump to solution

No success here, either! After 2 hours on the phone with Cox! Not happy.

makaiguy

Jump to solution

Your problem may have been caused by a recent update to your router that changed the router's wifi connection parameters from b/g/n to g/n (or a new router with that setting), which affects some Roku models. This has been reported lately with equipment from Comcast/Xfinity and Cox, but there may be others.

Affected users report the Roku identifies the local network as available and rates the connection quality, but will not then connect. The fix is to switch the router configuration protocols from the g/n wifi that was set by the update back to b/g/n. If you don't have access to your router's control panel you may have to have your internet provider do it for you.

Step-by-step post from @AvsGunnar for Comcast/Xfinity users:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Error-014-30-stuck-for-three-days/m...

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
OH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

There was no change to the router before the disconnect. We changed the router BECAUSE of the problem. The error codes remained the same. Spent 2 hrs on phone with ATT and all is proper on their end. The problem is with ROKU

Eth_tan001
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same having problems with connnectivity!!! Error 014.50

AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@OH and @Eth_tan001 

Sometimes the 14.50 error can be attributed to special characters (#,@,$, etc) being used in either the SSID network name or the password.

Can try using open network to troubleshoot (disable password temporarily), restart Roku and router, and see if able to connect.

Sometimes, have to actually change the password to a simpler one, get the Roku to connect, and then go back and change the password to something stronger.

Finally, try establishing new connection between Roku and router. (Settings..System..Advanced System Settings..Network Connection Reset..Reset Connection)

Feel free to post back with an update with Roku model number, router model number, and ISP (internet provider).

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Johnemcbizzle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you found the settings was able to switch back to bgn

0 Kudos
Eth_tan001
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It was working without any problems until yesterday, I am having no issues with the WiFi with my PC / Phone and some update on Roku screwed it up! Roku Express 4K Plus is my model, and I tried reseting network settings and factory reset, Nada. I use xfinity.

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Make sure you read the previous post by makaiguy.

Marmiex2

Jump to solution

We are now three days without streaming services.  Roku will not connect.  Have tried every troubleshooting and still nothing.

HELP

0 Kudos