Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ljpitre
Level 7

connection issues loading channel

I purchased a Roku Premier+ around April 2017. Initially it worked great.  However, lately and more frequently I get "connection issues loading channel" when switching to some channels.  Most of the time a system restart resolves it.
But what is causing this?  New software errors?  Or my streaming device?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: connection issues loading channel

"ljpitre" wrote:
I purchased a Roku Premier+ around April 2017. Initially it worked great.  However, lately and more frequently I get "connection issues loading channel" when switching to some channels.  Most of the time a system restart resolves it.
But what is causing this?  New software errors?  Or my streaming device?

Clarify that it’s the model 4630 you have. (Always include model number.) 

Next, when you say “switching channels” do you mean different Roku apps? Or do you mean channels within a streaming service app, such as, say, Sling TV, changing from A&E to Food Network? In either case, list apps involved.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
heyyoubc
Level 7

I am unable to stream the Food Network channel live through Roku. It asks me to activate the channel through my cable subscriber which I do not have. Is Food Network no longer available?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"heyyoubc" wrote:
I am unable to stream the Food Network channel live through Roku. It asks me to activate the channel through my cable subscriber which I do not have. Is Food Network no longer available?

There may be some content that doesn’t require authentication, but most require you to authenticate with a cable, satellite, or streaming service. It’s always been that way.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos