Network - Wireless & Wired Connections

Help & troubleshooting for network issues, including connecting your device to your home Wi-Fi network, connecting to public networks, troubleshooting wireless issues & ethernet connections, and optimizing streaming performance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjang
Level 8

(college dorm) TCL Roku TV not sending direct wifi address to connect the internet

Jump to solution

My roku tv used to send my phone, PC, and tablet, a direct wifi address to link the tv to the my college wifi. 

Suddenly I can’t find the address anymore from any of my devices. 

I’ve tried reboot but didn’t work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: (college dorm) TCL Roku TV not sending direct wifi address to connect the internet

Jump to solution

Try this:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Direct-Roku-not-Visible/m-p/624906/...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
makaiguy

Re: (college dorm) TCL Roku TV not sending direct wifi address to connect the internet

Jump to solution

See if this help page from Roku re Hotel and Dorm capabilities helps:
https://support.roku.com/article/215058118

Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos
gjang
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you. Unfortunately it does not but at least I know my problem is the authentication part. (I can’t see the DIRECT-roku-xxx wifi address from My smartphone and tablet)

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

Try this:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Network-Wireless-Wired-Connections/Direct-Roku-not-Visible/m-p/624906/...

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

remaker
Level 10

Jump to solution

You will only see the “DIRECT” network name during the setup phase of the Wi-Fi network. Are you trying to set up the Wi-Fi? That network goes away once the Wi-Fi is running. If you need to set up the Wi-Fi again, start by forgetting the current Wi-Fi and do the wireless setup again.

0 Kudos
gjang
Level 8

Jump to solution

This solution worked! 

Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos